Housing & Residential Life
On Campus Housing Requirement Information
Here is who is required to live on campus:
Traditional age student less than 3 years out of high school and under 30 credits at the start of the fall semester.
Here is who is automatically exempt from housing if they are under 30 credits
(no documentation is needed for the following, however completion of the form is required):
- Students Over 21 Years of Age: As verified through MSUB student information systems
- Military Veteran: As verified through MSUB Student information systems
- Enrolled in 11 or fewer credits: As verified through MSUB Student Information systems
- Transfer Student: As verified through MSUB Student Information systems
- Online Student: As verified through MSUB student information systems
- Non-Degree Seeking Student: As verified through MSUB Student information systems
Exemptions to the live on requirement:
- Living with Immediate Family (Legal Guardian, Parent, or Grandparent) within the following counties: Yellowstone, Carbon, Big Horn, Stillwater, Treasure, Musselshell, Golden Valley
- Physical custody of a dependent child
- Financial Hardship
- Medical Related Condition
- Documented Disability
- Unusual Circumstances
Note: City College students are not exempt from the live on requirement and must sign up for housing accordingly or complete an exemption request that meets any other exemption area.
All requests for exemption must be made to the Office of Housing and Residential Life two weeks prior to residence hall opening for consideration. Please contact the Housing Office, SUB 225, by calling 406-657-2333 or online at msubillings.edu/reslife if you need an exemption form.
For those students that do not fill out an exemption request prior to two weeks before the halls open (September 3, 2017), a double room ($2,095) and silver meal plan ($1,541) will be directly applied to student’s account. Students will have until Move-In Day to file an exemption request form to reverse these charges, but will incur a $75 late fee.